Wounds are part of everyday life, whether it is a small cut on the finger or wounds that require stitches.
However, it is not always easy to know if what we are doing is right when we are healing our own wounds or helping others. Fortunately, proper wound care does not have to be complicated!
Most wounds can be easily treated at home, depending on the type, size and area of the wound. Good wound management involves 3 steps.
Clean: Cleaning the wound of dirt and bacteria is the necessary first step for optimal healing. To prevent wound infection, spray Hansaplast Wound Cleaning Spray from a distance of approximately 10 cm across the wound area. Repeat if necessary. Then gently wipe the wound and surrounding area.
Heal: Next, help your wound to heal easily, safely and with less risk of scarring by applying Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream at regular intervals. Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream can be used on small open wounds and at any stage of the healing process.
Protect: Next, it is important to protect the wound from external factors such as dirt and bacteria and allow it to heal without hindrance. Cover your wound with the Hansaplast patch that best suits your needs. Change the patch or gauze daily unless your doctor advises otherwise.
1. How does Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream work? Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream helps heal small superficial wounds, such as cuts, abrasions, abrasions, minor and secondary burns, by creating an air-permeable protective film that prevents the wound from drying out. This creates ideal moisture conditions for wound healing, which help the skin's natural healing process and reduce the risk of scarring.
2. Does Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream contain animal derivatives?
Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream does not contain fragrances, dyes, preservatives or animal products - it is vegan.
3. How to use Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream?
Carefully apply a thin layer of Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream once or twice a day. Make sure the mouthpiece of the tube does not come into contact with your wound or other surfaces. Repeat regularly until wound healing is complete. Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream can be used at any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with a Hansaplast patch, bandage or gauze. You change daily, unless your doctor recommends otherwise.
4. Can Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream be used in combination with patches containing silver ions?
Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream is not intended for use with products that contain active ingredients such as Hansaplast Silver Pads. Creams and ointments create a film between the patch and the wound, which prevents silver ions from entering the wound. This can affect the efficiency of the product.
5. Can I use Hansaplast Wound Cleansing Spray before applying Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream?
Yes. Hansaplast Wound Cleansing Spray is suitable for use before applying Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream. For more information about Hansaplast Wound Cleansing Spray, visit hansaplast.gr.
6. What should I do if my wound shows signs of infection?
In case of larger wounds with a high degree of exudate or signs of infection, consult a doctor. Medical advice is also needed if the wound is red, swollen or sore, the wound is getting worse or the wound does not heal within a few days. If in doubt, consult your doctor.
7. How long can Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream be stored after opening it?
You can use Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream for up to 6 months after opening it.
8. Can Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream be used on babies and children?
Yes. Hansaplast Wound Healing Cream is suitable for use on babies and children.
Refer to the patient information leaflet for detailed instructions.
20g / 20strips / 100ml.